Congratulations to Dr. Helen Henry who retired on 4/1/19. Our providers are happy to continue to see her patients for primary care services.
Molly Rodden PMHNP left our practice on 7/1/19.
Our providers are happy to continue to see her patients for primary care services and provide a referral if needed to a mental health professional.
Calling all teens: We are here for you. We accept you. No matter what.
Adolescent Wellness Checklist
Your Daily Life
· Visit the dentist at least twice a year.
· Protect your hearing at work, home and concerts.
· Eat a variety of foods.
· Eat breakfast every morning.
· Drink plenty of water.
· Be sure to get enough calcium with 3 or more servings of low‐fat (1%) or fat free milk and other low‐fat dairy products every day.
· Aim for 1 hour of vigorous physical activity.
· Be proud of yourself when you do something well.
Healthy Behavior Choices
· If you do use drugs, you can talk to us about it. We can help you with quitting or cutting down on your use.
· Make healthy decisions about your sexual behavior.
· If you are sexually active, always practice safe sex. Always use a condom to prevent STIs.
· All sexual activity should be something that you want. No one should ever force or try to convince you.
· Find safe activities or school and work.
Violence and Injuries
· Do not drink and drive or ride in a vehicle with someone who has been using drugs or alcohol.
· If you feel unsafe driving or riding with someone, call someone you can trust to drive you.
· Always wear a seatbelt in the car.
· Know the rules for safe driving
· Never allow physical harm of yourself or others at home or school.
· Always deal with conflict using nonviolence.
· Remember that healthy dating relationships are built on respect and that saying “no” is ok.
· Fighting and carrying weapons can be dangerous.
· Figure out healthy ways to deal with stress.
· Try your best to solve problems and make decisions on your own, but ask for help when you need it.
· Most people have daily ups and downs. But if you are feeling sad, depressed, nervous, irritable, hopeless or angry, talk with me or another health care professional.
· We understand that sexuality is a normal part of development. If you have any questions or concerns, we are here for you.
School and Friends
· Support friends and family who chose not to use drugs, alcohol, steroids or diet pills.
· Take responsibility for being organized enough to succeed in work or school.
· Find new activities you enjoy